Music History of New Orleans Bike Tour
$50 Per Rider
The New Orleans music history bike tour has been created by a musician and student of music, having a rich understanding of the city and its greatest export. Along this bike tour, you will gain an understanding of how music developed in the city and how it influenced the world. See the sites, listen to the music, and learn more about famous New Orleanian artists.
Sites that are often visited on this tour include the Ursulines Convent, St Phillip Ballroom, Old French Opera House, Congo Square, Storyville, Eagle Saloon, Treme, Caldonia Inn, Joe’s Crazy Corner, Cosimo Matassa’s studio, and Frenchmen Street. These music titans are often expanded upon: Louis Moreau Gottschalk, Jelly Roll Morton, Buddy Bolden, Mardi Gras Indians, Louis Armstrong, Professor Longhair, Earl Palmer, The Meters, Rebirth Brass Band, Trombone Shorty, and Fats Domino.
The tour starts and ends at our bike shop located conveniently near the French Quarter, one block off Frenchmen Street in the Faubourg Marigny neighborhood. We will set you up on a bicycle before your group of no more than 12 bike riders set off on the tour.
- Bottle of water
- Bicycle and helmet
- Local Guide
- Food and drinks, other than specified
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- 631 Elysian Fields Ave, New Orleans, LA 70117: All tours begin and end at 631 Elysian Fields (blue commercial building on the corner of Elysian Fields and Royal Street). This location is one block from Frenchmen Street. Please arrive 15min before your scheduled departure time.
- Returns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for those who are pregnant or have back problems
- Must be 14 years of age or older to ride the bicycle
- Bicycles fit those between 5’0” and 6’5” in height
- Chauffeured pedicabs may be made available at an additional cost for those who cannot or choose not to ride the bicycle
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Please be aware that the itinerary listed is an example of the sites that may be visited. Some sites may be added or subtracted to the itinerary at the tour guide’s discretion.
- Full refund provided if the tour is canceled by due to bad weather
- This tour has a maximum of 12 participants
- Near public transportation
Send A Message
For Bookings Please Feel Free to Call, Text, Or Email!